In this article, learn how to create a birthday party event if you offer birthday packages.
APPLIES TO: Admins
Last updated: February 24, 2023
If you offer birthday party packages at your business, there are ways to minimize the back and forth when it comes to organizing and having clients register for your birthday party options.
More often than not if you want to offer a birthday party event, it's best to set them up as open booking events. For reference, learn how to create an open booking event.
Below are some recommended tips and strategies when setting up your birthday party event but also feel free to schedule some time to meet with a member of our Education Team if you need further assistance.
Create a Birthday Party Event
- Event & Location
- In most cases, you will want to set up the event as an Open Booking event, so make sure you have toggled the event schedule as Open Booking.
- It's recommended to create a separate Event Type for your Birthday Party packages so they are categorized differently than your other services and offerings.
- Assuming you allow Birthday Parties to be registered during your normal business hours, you will want to set up the schedule for the event to mirror your business hours. If you have specific hours birthday parties can be booked, you will need to input those specific hours.
- Input a scheduling and cancellation deadline if you would like to give yourself enough time to prepare and set up the birthday party or special occasion.
- It's recommended to set the participant max to 1 so that only one party can be reserved during the same time period.
- Staff & Resources
- It is important to include all resources that need to be available and reserved when a client books a birthday party package. Add the appropriate Resources and change the Usage to "All" so that all resources are booked at the time of booking.
- The total cost of the package should be input as the event price.
- Include important details about what is included and expected for a birthday party celebration at your facility to provide clarity and minimize confusion.
- Include any registration fields to capture additional information from the client at checkout if needed.