In this article, learn how to create a retail product.
APPLIES TO: Admins
Last updated: February 3, 2023
Create a Retail Product
- After logging into your Upper Hand account, hover over the main navigation bar on the left hand side and click Retail
- Click on the black plus sign (+) to create a product
- Enter the information listed below:
- Name: this will be the name that appears in the shopping cart when selling through Point of Sale.
- Retail Vendor: Adding a vendor (brand) name to your retail products allow you to easily track and sort inventory by a specific vendor. To learn how to create a retail vendor, click here.
- Price: the amount that you will be charging clients for the product.
- Cost: the amount that it cost you to purchase the item.
- Product Description: any additional information you would like to add to describe the item.
- Retail Category: examples include apparel, concessions, equipment, etc.
- Add Product Options (also know as product variants).
- Click on the + Add Option button under Product Options.
- Enter the Option Name (e.g. size, color, etc).
- For the Add Value box, add every option that you are offering (small, medium, large or red, blue, green, etc).
- Click on Create to finish creating the products and Publish when you want to start selling the items.