In this article, learn how to create an open booking event.
APPLIES TO: Admins
Last updated: March 20, 2023
Open booking events are great for client scheduling for such things as Private Lessons, an Athlete Training Program, Group Lessons, & Rentals easily by creating open scheduling options in Open Booking Events. Clients will be able to pay per time slot or purchase session packages in the Pricing/or using Credit Passes.
Create Open Booking Event
- Select the Green + Button in the Upper-right hand corner of the top navigational bar.
- Select 'New Event' from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Open Booking option on the Event/Location tab.
- Complete 7 tabs of the event information to fit your business needs/preferences
- Click the Save button to save all changes.
- Click the Post button to update the event status to 'Active' and open for registration.
Creating a Training Event
Creating a Rental Event
Step 1 - Select the green (+) button in the upper-righthand corner of the top navigational bar and select New Event from the drop-down menu.
Step 2 - Select the Open Booking option under the Event & Location tab
Step 3 - Use the 7 navigation tabs at the top to create new event registration details
Event & Location Tab
- Event Title : Add a title to the event.
- Note: Events differentiated by price or session duration will need to be created as new and separate events
- Event Type : Categories meant to help organize all of events and will make it easier for clients to browse events by filtering by Event Type.
- Tip: Event Types come in handy for your clients to use as filters while browsing events.
- Location : Set the location for your event. Helpful for anyone utilize multiple locations.
- Note: Clients will be unable to view private events unless you share the event URL with them.
- Private Event: To hide an event from being registered by the general public, toggle Private Event to on.
- Start Date : The first day that you are opening registration for the event
- Note: If the start date is missing, the event will not populate an active schedule.
- Weekly Availability : Select all days of the week that the event is open for scheduling. These days will highlight in blue on the calendar.
- Session Duration - Set the duration of the each time slot. (i.e. 30 min or 60 min session)
- Daily Time - Set time frames for when the session is open for registration
Note: Select Day Specific if one day time frame is different from another.
- Date-Specific Time: Set the timeframe for a specific date that won't affect the general time
- Blackout Dates: Set event Blackout Dates for days meant to be unavailable for scheduling.
- Scheduling Deadline: Restricts scheduling based on a set amount of time before a session begins. This is not a required field, but select the box to customize Scheduling Deadline by the number of minutes, hours, or days before the session begins.
Note: This is set for client limitations. Staff/Admin have the ability to override this setting.
- Scheduling Interval: Choose how often people are able to book sessions between the set Daily Time. Give clients the option to book every 15 min, 30 min, or 60 min.
- Coming Soon - Scheduling Time frame: The scheduling time frame sets restrictions on how far in advance clients can book.
- Cancellation Deadline: Limit the amount of time a client has before the start of a session to cancel. This is not a required field, but select the box to customize Cancellation deadline by minutes or hours.
- Event Size: Set the maximum amount of participants per session.
- Gender/Age: Ability to select which gender the event applies to (Coed, Male, or Female) and set the minimum and maximum participant ages. Not a required field.
Note: The Age field can restrict registration for those who do not fall into the preferred ages ranges.
Staff & Resources Tab
- Staff: Click the blue (+) button to select all available staff members.
- Note: If you select Allow client to choose staff, your clients will be able to select their preferred instructor from a drop-down menu. If you don't check that box, all staff members listed will have to be available in order for the session time to populate.
- Resources: Click the blue (+) to add all individual Resources for this event.
- To combine all listed Resources together per session, change the Usage drop-down arrow from Single to All. Keep the Usage default setting is Single to keep listed Resources as individual options.
- Note: The Resources will be scheduled based on listed order and should be listed based on priority. Clients do not have the ability to choose a Resource when scheduling.
- List Price: Type in price per session.
Note: The default List Price allows for the purchase of 1-20 session credits.
- Free Event: Allows the event to be priced completely free.
Note: $0.00 must be typed in as the 'List Price' before clicking the 'Free Event' checkbox.
- Processing Fee: Provides an estimated total of earnings after processing fees are deducted. Disclaimer: This is an only an estimated total based on the standard processing fee. If processing fees are different, this calculation will not be accurate.
- Package Pricing: Click the 'Add Automation' button to create package pricing options. Set the quantity and pricing of each package option.
Note: Option Name is the backend name of the package. Cart Description is what the client sees in the cart checkout.
- Payment Methods: Select which payment methods your clients can choose during checkout (Card and Pay Later)
Note: This will override the default ones set in Business Settings.
- Event Description: The event description will be shown on the event page to give clients an in-depth understanding of what the event offers.
- Event Image: Add an image that best represents your event
Note: Images must be smaller than 3 megabytes and cannot be in a .pdf format.
- Event URL: Every event will generate a custom URL Link that can be copied from the Marketing tab.
Tip: Useful for Private Events to give specific access for registration.
The registration section allows you to choose what information you would like to collect about athletes when they register for an event.
- Choose a Registration Field Category.
- Click the drop down underneath the category to see all options.
- After selecting a field, it will appear on the right side of the screen.
- To make a field required, click the check box next to the field, beneath the “Event Form Fields”, and your clients will be unable to checkout without first filling out this information.
Tip: Client contact information will be collected during account creation and can be viewed using Client Profiles; general contact information is not necessary for Registration fields
Step 4: Click the Save button to save all changes. Click the Post button to make your event Active and open for registration.
Tip: Be sure to click Save anytime you make changes or updates to your events, even after posting.
[Include the links and titles for any knowledge base articles related to this one.]
Was This Article Helpful?
[Include a way for readers to let you know whether or not the content was helpful. This can be a yes/no or thumbs up/thumbs down feature, a 1-5 rating, or a link to provide feedback through email or a survey.]
Still Need Help?
[Provide a way for customers to get in touch with you if they still have questions. This can be a link to your support page, a chat popup, or the email address for the best person to reach out to.]