In this article, learn how to invite your staff members.
APPLIES TO: Admins
Last updated: February 23, 2023
Staff members have access to a preset list of permission settings within the software. If you are looking to invite a user as an Admin, you will need to invite them as a Staff member initially.
To revoke a staff member's access to the software, learn how to delete staff members from the account.
How To Invite Staff Members
- Log in to your account and click on either the green plus sign, or navigate to the Contacts page and then click on the plus sign located to the left of the search bar.
- If you clicked on the green plus sign, you will then click on Send Invite.
- Select the Staff option to invite a Staff, and then type in the person's First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
- Click on the Invite button.
- A verification email will be sent to the email address you entered. The staff member will need to click on the verification link in this email to finish creating their account.
- After clicking on the verification link, they will complete filling out their staff account information.
Staff users in Upper Hand have access to a default permission set that can't be changed or updated. If you need to change a user from a Staff member to an Admin, please request the change by emailing email@example.com and including the staff member's name and email so they can help take care of this for you.
A Staff member is able to do the following:
- Remove Clients from Events
- Send marketing emails and message attendees
- Export attendance and registration lists
- Check Clients In
- Add Staff and/or Resources to scheduled sessions
- Quick schedule and quick pay on calendar
- Create Custom Calendar View
- Reschedule a lesson
- Access Balances Report and personal Payroll Report
Point Of Sale (POS)
- Check Clients out via Point of Sale (POS)
- The ability to pay down a client's balance
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have a staff member who has a client account, how do I give them staff access?
- The software does not allow a single email to be associated with 2 types of accounts so you will need to invite them as a staff member using a different email address than the one that is associated with the client account that's already been created. You could also edit the email that is listed on the client account in order to invite them as a staff using that email.
- How do I edit or change the email of a staff member?
- If the staff member has already completed setting up their account, you won't have the ability to edit or change their email so you will need to either invite them as a staff member again using a different email or have the staff member login and change their email in their account settings.
- I need to re-add a staff member that was deleted, how do I do that?
- Once a staff member has been deleted, it cannot be undone. So if you need to re-add a staff member to the software, you will need to a use a different email address when inviting them the second time.