Learn common terms used in the Upper Hand software.
APPLIES TO: All user types
Last updated: June 20, 2023
- Announcement: A message you can post inside your Dashboard for your clients to see when they log into the software.
- Marketing Email: The email address set as the Reply-To email in your account for all emails that are generated from the software.
- Age Restriction: A setting that allows you to set a specific age range that will restrict anyone outside that range from registering for an event.
- Clone: An action you can select on the Events page that will create a copy of the selected event that includes all the same information.
- Dynamic Pricing: A setting that allows you to pro-rate an event based on the number of days left for the event.
- Event: is the Upper Hand term for the specific lessons, camps, training sessions, etc. that are offered through your business.
- Event Type: A category for each event.
- Event Specific URL: A unique URL to direct clients to a specific event.
- Pre-filtered Event Type URL: A unique URL to direct clients to a pre-sorted list of specific event types.
- Fixed Schedule: An event schedule that has a specific start and end date and time.
- Open Booking: An event schedule that allows your clients to purchase sessions/credits that can be used to buy time to train at your business.
- Registration Deadline: A setting that allows you to take registrations for an event up until a certain day before the event starts.
- Roster: Each event will have a Roster tab that will give you the name and information of every client that has registered for the event.
- Single Session Purchase: A setting that allows you to set the price of what it would cost your clients to attend one or some of the days instead of every day of the fixed schedule event.
- No Show: An action you can take on the Calendar to denote when a client did not attend a scheduled session.
- Quick Schedule: The fastest way for an admin to add a client to an event from the calendar page.
- Quick Pay: An accessible way to pay right from the calendar
- Calendar Filter: Effectively sorts and organizes the display of your calendar to show who has paid, remains unpaid, or a quick All-Staff view.
- Calendar Card: The display on the calendar that shows the specific details of an event and the host spot for Quick Pay.
- Custom Calendar View: The ability to customize what information is first displayed when accessing the calendar.
- Class: An event that offers push scheduling and added flexibility.
- Admin: A user type that has full control of its business instance.
- Archive: An action you can take on a Client to remove their access to the business instance.
- Staff: A user type that has preset permissions inside its business instance.
- Client: A user type that is the end user within a specific business instance.
- Unclaimed Account: The status of any account that is unverified through the automatic verification email sent upon account set up.
- Contact Group: Bundles of clients that have been grouped together to ease in communication.
- Recurring Coupon: a coupon type can be applied to any event or membership that has a recurring payment and the coupon will deduct from every future payment
- Credit Pass: An item type that allows clients to purchase a non-recurring package of credits.
- Unique Credit Pass URL: A unique link to direct clients to a specific credit pass.
- Badge Color: An icon color given to a specific membership that appears next to the client's name if they are enrolled in that membership.
- Unique Membership URL: A unique link to direct clients to a specific membership.
- Resource: The spaces, utilities, or items that are needed to carry out events.
- Cost of Cancellations: A sum of all charges for the clients who cancelled their membership.
- Cost of Suspensions: A sum of the monthly membership charges for clients who suspended their memberships.
- Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR): A total amount of revenue generated by a membership per month.
- New Members Revenue: A sum of revenue from all new clients with no membership history.
- Reactivation Revenue: A sum of all clients who have reactivated their cancelled or suspended membership.
- Retail Product: The specific item you are selling.
- Disable Client Scheduling: A setting that will disable your client's ability to schedule and cancel sessions for open booking and class events.
- Legal Entity Name: Also referred to as Business Name, is the name you want listed on the account for clients to see.
- Blackout Date: Setting a business blackout date in your account means that no lessons, rentals, trainings or classes can be scheduled on that day.
- Time Tracking Tasks: Specific tasks curated to allow staff members to clock in in accordance with these tasks.